|Perseus||Date: Tuesday, 2012-03-06, 5:42:39 | Message # 1|
Sergeant Major of the FORUM
Automatic Wallpaper Changer 4.9.26 | 8.32 MB
Automatic Wallpaper Changer is designed to do one thing well: allow you to change your desktop wallpaper on a timed basis. The time between changes is defined as a number of seconds, minutes or hours. The displayed image can be stretched for the best fit to the screen, maintaining its aspect ratio, or displayed at its actual size. When displaying actual size the user is not limited to the centre of the screen, as is usually the case in windows, but can choose to display the picture in any of the four corners of the screen or centred on one of the edges. Additionally you can specify that files smaller than a predefined size should be tiled: again you can specify how the tiles are justified on the screen rather than simply going from the top left. The AWC is minimised to the system tray rather than to the task bar. To restore it to view just double-click the icon in the tray or right click to pop up a menu. Image formats supported are BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, RLE.
· Select files from multiple directories and their subdirectories if required
· Multiple resizing options: Full Screen, Best Fit and Worst Fit
· When resizing you can pick the method that gives your pictures the best result (Catmull-Rom and Lanczos supported)
· Multi-monitor systems can display the image properly resized on all monitors or display a different image on each monitor
· Tile a background image onto the screen before displaying the wallpaper on top of it
· Enhance brightness, contrast and gamma correction independently from your monitor settings
· Change wallpaper at user defined intervals or once at startup
· Apply various graphic effects when displaying such as invert and emboss
· Use hotkeys to change the desktop on demand
· Check the selected directories to see if any new files have been added and add them to the display list
· Ensure that each image in the list is displayed only once, even across Windows sessions
· Virtually unlimited number of images can be displayed
· Use EXIF orientation flag in photographs to automatically rotate images
· Display the file name on the image
· Filter the files to display by age, date and minimum size
· Multiple tiling options
· Image formats supported are BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, RLE.
What's new in this release:
· The way the AWC wallpaper is constructed and displayed on screen has been changed so that it should now display on multimonitor systems correctly irrespective of how they are laid out. Note that this can mean that opening the underlying bitmap in an editor might mean that you do not see what you expect. I only have access to systems with two monitors so reports of any problems on systems with more than that will be appreciated.
· Screensaver functionality changed to match the new way of handling multimonitor systems.
· On Windows 7 systems you can now set the OS Logon Screen background to be the wallpaper that is currently displayed on your desktop. Note that on multimonitor systems it is the wallpaper on your primary monitor that is used.
· Restart button caption now changes between Start/Restart depending on current status
· Bug fix - New method of displaying wallpaper broke screensaver
Available for users only
Available for users only